Mi2pikoClaxxxic

Mi2pikoClassic

Friday, September 3, 2010

Nicki Minaj Talks Fall Out Of Debut Album

Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj recently talked about what she thinks and expects if her long-awaited "Pink Friday" album debut does poorly when it comes out this fall. Minaj says that she brings her A-Game to the project and tries to represent all the females out there.

     "[Young Money] won't look to sign other female rappers if the project doesn't do well, because they're going to say, 'Well, her buzz was so crazy, and if she couldn't do it, then no one can do it,' and I don't want that to happen. So I'm doing this as well for all the girls...I hope it will open doors for all girls everywhere who ever wanted to pick up a mic and rap and who have been kind of afraid to do it...For a long time in my life, I was afraid to be a solo female rapper, because everyone told me, 'It doesn't work. It's not going to happen. Record companies are never going to invest in you just to get it. Just be part of a group.' ... Even as far as I've come now is already a testament in my mind, so I hope the female rappers understand how big it is for our culture that the album does well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crunk Wear

Crunk Wear

Crunk Wear